Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 14 - Happy Birthday ZZ!

We had OIE this morning and we learnt about the Chinese Philosophy which covers Confucianism, Taoism, Mohism and Buddhism.
We also were showed a video of 老子 telling us that one should remain humble, only a fool would act like he knows everything, but real wise men would pretend that he doesn’t know anything. Kinda cool logic ehs! :D

And there was another saying which was mention in class and that is the strong might not always be strong while the weak might not always be weak, take for example during heavy thunderstorms, it is always the trees that would topple, and the grass that remains on the ground. Cool eh?



It was a cold and wet weather today and I decided to stay indoors but I was hungry! Damn! So I got Zhen Zhao to help me pack lunch for Weilin and me as they were going to Soup Restaurant. They sell the best soup man! I love it there! And when he came back with our lunch, I took the packs and placed it on the stool and sat on my shoe bag for lunch! I want to be cautious before anything happens to my bed, legs and floor again! Lols!
.

As usual, we had PM at 1.30pm and we did 2 practical today! Things are getting more complex but I did still manage to understand and follow on. Hopefully when it comes to the practical test and the project, I will be able to do and contribute man! We came back after lesson and I started blogging again. I think my life revolved around the word “BLOG”. Which is true and it is turning out to be boring. I want to go out for shopping and stuff also need to rush for time. I haven’t even done much shopping yet. Only gotten myself a bag and a top. Sigh. How great! ):
.
And at 5.15pm we left our hostel to meet everyone at the super classy restaurant which everyone loves to celebrate Zhen Zhao birthday together with some of the local students too! Seriously, the food there is damn good and affordable man! Real affordable. I couldn’t stop remembering the steak I had with Sheila of our lover set meal and I ordered the steak again! But this time I ordered it medium; 50%. And I realized it was RAW in the middle as the meat as THICK! Should just remain as 70% cook for such a thick piece of meat!



After dinner, we headed to a new bread shop Mr Chia introduced; Lucky Bread or something. And Zhen Zhao had to hold her ^ hand. LOL! Cause it's his birthday! Lawls!
We also went shopping but I didn't get anything for myself. Agnes got the bag I want but we are going back there soon anyway (: Yay! 2 more bags! Crap! I bought like 3 bags already! Oh no ! No more! Clothing time!

Reflections

We even understood about the Xiao Dynasty, Shang, Western Zhou, Eastern Zhou, Qin and Han dynasty too. Like having the Ying Jing; The Book of Changes in the Shang Dynasty, the Hundred Schools of Thought; Analects of Confucius, Tao Te Ching. And lastly Buddhism was introduced in the Han Dynasty. Actually, China history is kinda interesting as it has a long history unlike Singapore. How come I didn't take history in Secondary School! HAHAH :D

No comments:

Post a Comment